The year was 1953. Jonas Salk discovered the polio vaccine, the Milton Berle Show made its television debut, Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her coronation and in Kansas City — in the heart of the famed Country Club Plaza — Country Club Bank opened its doors, with a promise to deliver a higher quality of banking services.
Country Club Bank opened under the name Ward Parkway Bank at 4727 Wyandotte, with Bing Crosby as one of the bank's early investors. When Ward Parkway Shopping Center was complete in 1963, the bank decided to take another name to avoid confusion. A contest was held to determine this new name and the winner received a $100 savings bond for his entry of "Country Club Bank." Shortly thereafter, the tower logo was created by an art student as a class assignment. Since that time the tower has come to symbolize the bank's reputation for stability and excellence in customer service.
Country Club Bank has always been an innovator.
- One of the first banks in the city to offer computer banking and install video tellers
- Chosen as the bank of deposit for Ronald Reagan's 1976 Presidential Campaign
- Named one of select few dealer banks to four major federal agency selling groups
"Where roots run deep, relationships grow strong." At Country Club Bank this is not just a phrase or slogan, but a promise to provide outstanding service from dedicated professionals who invest the time, talent and resources to meet the needs of our customers — past, present and future.